Saturday, September 02, 2006

feeling cagey

So much for remaining anonymous. Now just about everyone I know knows who I am. Which is just as well; point your telescope far and wide enough and you're sure to find a telescope pointing back at you. I thought maybe I could spy on all of you without being spotted. *snigger snigger, snort snort* Seems I underestimated the power of the Internet, or the intellect of its users. Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll try my best to keep this blog as raw and real as possible, but I can't promise anything. Nyeh nyeh nyeh.

Finishing about three months of basic military training -- wonder where I'll be posted to after that. Wait-and-see situation, mostly. I guess I tried my best, but it feels like I'm beginning to slack off now. Bad, bad! Just when I'm becoming a hot bod again... Bad, bad! Must... put... Oreos back... where... they came... from...

For someone who just had his girlfriend move halfway across the world, I may seem to be in good enough cheer. Not that I relish being single or anything, don't get me wrong. It's just that I don't seem to be feeling as down as I expected. Who knows why. Maybe I have a lot of faith in us going the distance. Maybe I am more in control of my emotions. Maybe I stopped being so depressed all the time somewhere along the way. Maybe we're missing each other so much there's no time for stupid luxuries like fighting every twenty minutes. And I miss you, babe. Tremendously.

All in all, a pretty good start to whatever lies ahead. It could be a temporary state of mind, I'm not sure. The calm before a storm? I hope not. I have built a great many things in life which have disintegrated into nothing right before my eyes and sometimes when I wasn't looking; let's pray that God spares me a thought and, maybe, if He doesn't mind (and even though I know I don't deserve it), some mercy as well.


PLAYLIST
Chasing Cars -- Snow Patrol
Shadow Stabbing -- Cake
Lonely Day -- System Of A Down
New Slang -- The Shins
Across The Universe -- Fiona Apple
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home