Saturday, July 22, 2006

m.i.a. again

Having almost absolutely no time for myself these days, I have left this place to rot on its own. Still looks okay (if a little outdated), and there's nothing that smells as funky as my socks. It's been... hmm... seven weeks now. Seven weeks as a recruit in the army, and last week was when I spent six days with insects and wild boars in the jungle. I've got a tan to show for it, blisters all over my hands and feet, cuts and bruises, and an aching back (from digging a one-man trench, for when, ya know, in case a war comes we'd have time to dig a trench while the enemy's shooting at us). Every shirt feels tighter, every pair of jeans feels looser.

I feel dumber, too. Like I'm having difficulty just thinking, after all day every day just receiving commands from the higher ups. No time for individuality; just follow orders and you'll be fine. I wonder what will happen to me in the next few months. Stubborn and hot-tempered, I'm not well-known for being told what to do. I miss doing the things I usually do, whenever I want, wherever I want. Maybe it might be good for me, to live the regimented life for a while. We'll see. Till next time, this recruit is signing off.


PLAYLIST
Paranoid Android -- Radiohead
Left, Right -- Chemical Brothers (feat. Anwar Superstar)
Dark Of The Matinee -- Franz Ferdinand
Harajuku Girls -- Gwen Stefani
In The Ghetto -- Elvis Presley
*

5 Comments:

Blogger timc said...

I had a friend, I should say he was like a brother, so, yes, he was my best friend, who went to the navy five years ago. He is doing well, but he is a completely different person. I won't say he is dumb, but he was swayed into a different (and not necessarily bad) way of thinking. Needless to say, today we are pretty much polar, and I never thought that would happen. Good luck to you soldier.

1:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this soldier, and to me, you will never like anyone else, i love you for being you and i know you will never lose yourself.

JR

1:26 am  
Blogger ShaZziE said...

u have a blog, and i didn't know!

u linked my blog in ur blog, and i didn't know!

well it's cool now that i know, coz i've always fancied the writings of this cousin of mine..in fact, all his siblings write well............. damnit.

looking forward to future updates from u! ciaoz kar-zen.

9:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

syaiful...
i love you. i love you so much that it hurts me so deep to have to leave you in pursuit of a better life. but once i find what im looking for there. i will come back for u. baby... what we have is so special i know i have to treasure it and not take it for granted. dont lose faith hon. its not the end yet. maybe this absence thingy might do us some good and actually make us realized just how much we mean to each other, and how much we are meant to be together. dont be too sad, as i will try not to be too depressed living without you. im not going to lie and say it will be easy cos i know it will be hard but i will try my darnest.
love you loads sweetheart.
thank you for loving me...
jr

1:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby
im leaving soon but dont get depressed. i have faith in us. i have faith in what we have and i know its special and i wont take it for granted. i know from now on it will be hard but imma try my darnest to work things out with you because i love you so much. and i love you so much it hurts to leave you. i will make u proud of me baby...
i wont fail. love you loads,
your baby girl...
JR

2:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home