Friday, February 10, 2006

media whore

I am appearing on TV again tonight. Which is, like, the 8th time or something -- I stopped counting because I take it for granted I'm going to appear on TV again anyway. I can't wait to laugh at myself. People have described me (with envy, at times) as photogenic, but I'm never quite sure when it comes to video. I bet I'd sound great on radio, that's for sure. And it seems like I look gorgeous in photos, as they say. I bet I look ten pounds heavier on television. Ahh, well, just another step on the road to fame and glory.

I can just picture in my mind everyone watching and laughing; I expect them to! There is no greater feeling than being appreciated, and I'm sure the viewers will appreciate me. Do not worship me on the altar of the benign television; I may be the god of romance, but I am not the god of media... yet.

Updated: I don't believe it; they cut out half of what was filmed. Especially the parts where I had something to say! To the point where I almost looked like some mute guy put there just to beautify the scenery. They even cut out the part where I was giving good advice to teenagers, which I was especially proud of! I mean, duh!, good advice was exactly what the producers were looking for in the first place. Maybe I'm just too verbose and intellectual for them; god forbid they should include something mentally-stimulating that might not appeal to the lowest common denominator.

At least I looked good; I did not put on ten pounds in front of the camera! I seemed confident, smart, perhaps a bit too suave, and definitely pleasing to look at, if a little disinterested. I'd rate this one a 7.5 out of 10; more if they had not left out the good parts. At least I make a nice backdrop. And the audience appreciated. Maybe next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger the narcissist said...

hey, it's the internet and i'm a media whore and narcissistic to a fault; all reasons to show off a little.

just some variety show for teenagers, discussing the disturbing trend of youths doing everything possible just to look good.

not worth watching because they cut out the best parts.

2:06 am  
Blogger the narcissist said...

not when 'everything possible' includes crash dieting, starvation, forcing oneself to vomit everything they eat, and hating oneself in the mirror, among many other things.

2:31 pm  
Blogger the narcissist said...

still, doesn't make them any healthier. in extreme cases, they lead to anorexia and bulimia. eating disorders at an early age could lead to life-long afflictions. all psychological, all preventable.

by the way, i have never been a real teenager; i have never had an eating disorder.

9:56 pm  
Blogger the narcissist said...

i meant preventable, as in if only they had seek help and guidance instead of emulating what they see or hear or read about.

this is a real problem, and different from sex, drinking and drugs in that those are vices by choice. perhaps arguably not as bad as those, but a real problem nonetheless. a disturbing trend nonetheless.

eating disorders are the least of your worries, good for you. i'm glad to hear that. but that doesn't mean there aren't anorexics still battling this affliction in their thirties.

and those are interesting points about teenagers. it is not impossible to stay a virgin, nor is it impossible to remain a good girl. in fact, i have family who is the head of a political party.

being a teenager is consuming, but it doesn't have to consume everything. we're not all going to end up on our own; i haven't. and i wasn't a well-adjusted teenager. maybe it's just me, but i don't think it's bullshit.

3:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home