Wednesday, January 18, 2006

two suns

Two people fighting, bickering about the past. Two passionate individuals endlessly tormenting each other over something ultimately meaningless, over nothing. Two miserable hotheads unwilling to give in, to realize the futility of this exercise. Fighting for scraps of meat that aren't even there, an ideal that doesn't even exist.

Why?

Two suns burning each other out, exhausting endless amounts of energy -- for what purpose? Two bodies tearing each other apart -- to what end? Two parties having a go at each other, baying for blood -- who wins? For something that started out so beautifully, why does it have to end so bitterly?

Why?

Why does it have to end at all? Stupid, the mistakes we make. Over and over again. There is no paradise on earth, only an illusion of it. God's sad, ironic smile. I should have known. I probably did know, but who can blame me for being spellbound by God's shimmering teeth that ultimately bit me in the ass? God's glittering promise of splendor and bounty for all -- all an illusion to stop us from dreaming. If only we see it for what it is.

God sank His teeth in me, crushing my spirit. My heart is bleeding, draining me of whatever vitality I had. That's okay, I'll pick up the pieces. I'll carry on. Yes, I know, I'm going mad. But that's the only way to go once you see past the illusion. I'll just be another deranged ol' sack of shit, like all the others who've seen beyond God's perfect smile. I don't care.

Perfect teeth and no heart. God doesn't need a heart, or else He'll break it. Watching over countless children starve and then die, watching over pointless people living their pointless lives doing pointless things and dying pointless deaths. Watching over this blessed union of infinite potential crumble to dust in the wind, evaporate into nothing. There is no paradise, there is no heaven. There is no need for such things.

A place for everything and everything in its place. Misplaced passion. Misplaced energy. Misplaced minds. Misplaced hearts?

They'll never see each again. Or maybe they will, but it will never be the same.

Why?

You did this, I did this. We did this.

Why?

Battling for nothing. And yet the hostility mounts.

Why?

Who wins in the end?


PLAYLIST
You're The Reason I'm Leaving -- Franz Ferdinand
Forever For Her (Is Over For Me) -- The White Stripes
Swallowed In The Sea -- Coldplay
Out Of My Hands -- Dave Matthews Band
All I'm Thinking About -- Bruce Springsteen
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home