Wednesday, January 25, 2006

i, robant

After more than a month trying to decipher your words, I finally understand. I finally realize what I am to you. I know my place in this world. It has fully dawned upon me my function, my raison d'etre; why I was created in the first place.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am -- as Philip K. Dick would describe it -- a robant. A robot servant, subject to every one of your capricious whims and desires. I will allay your fears. I will satiate your hunger for life. I will appease your emotional needs. I will satisfy your sexual cravings. I will fill the void that exists in your soul. I will be your lover, your best friend, your mentor, your slave, your father, your son. I will be anything you want. I will bend, but I will not break. I have done this countless of times, and I will do so again.

And after I have fulfilled my function, when I am of no use to you anymore, you can discard me. After all, that is what I am for. The son that you are missing, the boyfriend who has left you -- the moments when you need me, I am priceless. The moment you don't, I am useless. I will love you as though you are the greatest thing on earth. I will care for you like no human being can. I will accept your shortcomings and celebrate the wonder that is you. Only for as long as you need it.

My words mean nothing to you. My actions are simply automatic reflexes, subservient to your orders. I am at your beck and call, twenty-four/seven. I am your savior. I will protect you from the harsh realities of life. Say you will leave me, pretend you love me. Betray me; I will love you more for it. Bring me down to my knees; I am impervious to pain. Break my heart in two halves; I do not have one. Give me your empty promises; I live on such things. Present me with cruelty and I will provide you sustenance.

Punish me. Hurt me. Abandon me. Kill me. I am He Who Walks On Water. I will die for your sins and be your martyr. I am merely a transitional period, a replacement, until you have what you've wanted all along, until you find greener pastures to walk on. Walk on, walk all over me. Do not despair; this is what I have been created for. And best of all, you are under no obligation whatsoever.

I am not capable of feeling sad nor disappointed. I do not mind being used or abused by you; in fact, I relish it. After all, that is my function. I am your personal superman. I am your weapon of mass distraction. I am your temporary reprieve. When you get back the son you lost, when you find the boyfriend you've always wanted, if a better offer came through for you, I will softly walk away. You can forget about me, I will leave when I have outstayed my welcome.


PLAYLIST
Under Control -- The Strokes
Everyday I Love You Less And Less -- Kaiser Chiefs
Why Does This Always Happen To Me -- Al Yankovic
Extraordinary Machine -- Fiona Apple
Love Fool -- The Cardigans
*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sorry. But sometimes i do think you are right. i am afterall, searching for something that can never humanly exist. if this is what you think i think of you, i think i made the right choice in walking away.

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home