Thursday, September 30, 2004

much ado about nothing

An update of sorts.

I'm currently thinking of a story to submit for a creative writing competition (a measly $300 for first prize, which I could really use). The keyword here is "thinking". I haven't written a single word, and the deadline for submission is tomorrow. I'm having writer's block just when I can finally put my penchant for prose to good use. As any aspiring writer would know, this is immensely frustrating. Maybe I'll write a poem instead, or just discard the whole idea altogether.

Caught the flu bug (again!), and this time the phlegm is really pissing me off. There's so much of it, I'm practically hacking the stuff out every two minutes (if only they were words I'm hacking out). In fact, a huge glob just flew out of my mouth while I was coughing a second ago. Like, literally, flew right out. (Where's the tissue when you need it?! Ugh!)

A friend of mine commented yesterday that I'm coughing like an old man, to which I replied, "I am an old man!" My palms are shaky, my fingertips are numb and my running nose's just completed a cross-country marathon. My brain's been sluggish for the past two days and the drugs, which are supposed to be helping, are knocking me out cold every time I take them.

Which should make me a happy man; God knows I need the rest. But I have reports due by the end of the week and there's no way I can focus when my mind has been rendered insensate like this! I feel like I'm stuck in limbo -- between a vegetable and a slab of cement -- where everything is moving oh-so-slowly and sleep is only a temporary amnesty. Damn it, I really don't need this right now.

On a positive note, I'm really into soccer again and I plan to play a game every week or so (the cigarettes are really slowing me down, though). Also, gym on Thursdays (just not this week) and a whole lot of running (to catch up with my nose) on weekends. That's about it, I guess. Should really get on with writing the story. Till next time, adios amigos!


PLAYLIST
God Save The Queen -- The Sex Pistols
Matinee -- Franz Ferdinand
Ride -- The Vines
Automatic Stop -- The Strokes
Self-Esteem -- The Offspring
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home