Thursday, September 16, 2004

gridlocked

I thought this would be a good idea.

Now that I'm here, I'm not entirely sure what to write about. I had second thoughts about publishing my thoughts on the Internet. First and foremost because I was against the idea of spending some time of my day to write about my day. Everyday.

Granted, most well-adjusted people write entries into their personal diaries to reflect upon their experiences on a daily basis. First point of contention: I am not a well-adjusted person; I've never had a personal record of events in all my twenty years of existence. Second point of contention: a personal diary is private; this is as public as it gets.

Which brings me to the other reason why I was apprehensive at first. Why the Internet? Do I need an audience? (Do I have an audience? Now that virtually everyone has a blog, who has the time to read? We're all busy writing!) Am I too caught up in my own illusions of grandeur to examine the possibility that, in fact, no one might be the least bit interested?

Does it really matter? As far as I can tell, I'm not looking for an audience. If you just happened to stumble across this weblog (at the very least, I'm pretty confident it wasn't intentional), you're more than welcome to read my foolish rants! And thank you, by the way! So sweet of you to stop by! Feel free to inadvertently chance upon my incessant ramblings again! No, really! I don't mind! We'll have sweetcakes and tea next time!

Who knows, this could prove to be cathartic for someone as anal-retentive as I am. I've always needed a creative outlet of some kind so perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, this will suffice until something better comes along. In the meantime, thank God for small favors. Plus, if this doesn't work out, there's always the "delete" button.

Anyway, if you're in for the long haul, welcome aboard this rollercoaster of mine. It's going to be quite a ride, satisfaction guaranteed*. And if you wish to post a comment, or share your weblog, drop me a line (I'm new to this, so be gentle). In the foreseeable future, we'll be covering hotbed topics like religion, procreation, politics, semantics, love, poetry, and all that jazz! You've been warned.

Hey, would you look at that? I've found something to write about...

* Not really. But the kettle's on, so it won't be long till we have some tea!


PLAYLIST
Jumper -- Third Eye Blind
Put Your Lights On -- Santana ft. Everlast
Erase & Rewind -- The Cardigans
It's Oh So Quiet -- Bjork
This Mess We're In -- PJ Harvey ft. Thom Yorke

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I know how hard it can be to get started.

1:56 am  
Blogger the narcissist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:39 pm  
Blogger the narcissist said...

Oops, I deleted my own comment.

Anyway, thanks you guys. Made my day. = )

2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home