Saturday, September 18, 2004

a day in the life of...

a bum.

Clocked in a total of four hours of sleep in the past two days. My circadian rhythm is totally out of whack, as it's been all my life. On the lighter side, if I keep this up I might be able to see God in a day or two. Maybe we could play chess and compare notes on life and philosophy. Perhaps He could show me the way around, and help reaffirm my faith in Him (and vice versa). And maybe, just maybe, He could finally prove to me that He exists. I know it sounds silly, and that even if it happens, it'll only be a hallucination. But I think I really need something like that right now.

Breezed through a test this morning. At least I think I did. Aircraft Systems Maintenance Practices. (Gesundheit!) Not exactly something you'd want for breakfast, but it was OK. Slept through the remaining half hour, so it was OK. Not too sure about the other tests over the past week, though. The results will be out in a week or so. More updates as they come.

My younger sister has decided to continue her studies in London, as she wishes to pursue a Degree (and obviously a career) in Medicine. Her first semester there starts in January 2005. This is splendid news! Everyone should have a chance to see the world at least once, and to live through and experience the world is even better. She, more than anyone I can think of, deserves this chance. I am glad she has the drive and ambition to go through with this. Hopefully, she'll make the best of it and not forget her older brother when she's rich and famous!

A single academic year at the college she's been accepted to amounts to £7,300 in tuition fees alone. (Yes, that is in English Pounds, if you were wondering.) Registration and miscellaneous fees cost a further £1,500. And that's not inclusive of accommodation, living expenses, etc. This is bad news! My daily allowance will probably be cut down by more than half to compensate for this. I need to find a job, fast! She better not forget the sacrifices her older brother will have to endure! She better be rich and famous!

You know I'm kidding. She has the verve and the will, and that's more than enough for me. I'm more than happy for her. And if I'm a little jealous (which I'm not... just yet), it is in a good way. She'll introduce me to the English babes when we get to visit her there. (She better!) We'll go watch the hustle and bustle of Trafalgar Square, swing by London's West End for an opera or two, travel on the Underground to Paddington Station, and maybe meet Mr. Blair at No.10 Downing Street for tea. Put on the telly and see ourselves on TV!

Enough itinerary for one afternoon, ya think? Turrah!


PLAYLIST
I Wish You Were Here -- Incubus
Suspicious Minds -- Elvis Presley
Linger -- The Cranberries
Closing Time -- Semisonic
Building A Mystery -- Sarah McLachlan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home