Wednesday, September 22, 2004

caveat emptor

The results are out.

And I didn't do too well. Whichever way you choose to look at it, passing two out of four tests is not what I'd call an achievement. And I'm in a dour mood right now, because everyone else managed to score in the paper (Microcontroller Technology) I did very badly.

I feel stupid.
To quote Kurt Cobain, "I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy..."

Serves me right for studying on the day right before the tests. In fact, I only studied for MCT for twenty minutes on the train ride to school. Which is no excuse, but machine language is all Greek to me, anyway. Fuck this bullshit, I don't need it!

I did well enough for Human Factors and Error Management (scored 82% for the paper) and OK for Engineering Mathematics II (if you consider 67% an OK grade, and I do) which should offset the sickening feeling of failing a test or two. But it doesn't.

I should have done better on the other paper, on Aircraft ServoMechanisms and Electronics (I got 47%, man! Woo-fucking-hoo!). I should have done better on every single one of those papers. I don't want what I get, and I don't get what I want. In fact, I hardly deserve to get what I want. It would be nice, though. If anything, at least I'd get to satisfy my insatiable ego. Maybe next time, huh?

"Most of all, there is a caustic shame for my own stupidity." --Scott Turow


PLAYLIST
The One -- Foo Fighters
Crazy Times -- Jars Of Clay
This Is The New Shit -- Marilyn Manson
Fight Test -- The Flaming Lips
Punk Rock Rebel -- Millencolin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home